Thank you for choosing us for your waxing service. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call.
Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sexual contact (intimate waxing only)
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
To prevent ingrown hairs – starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin two or three times a week in the bath or shower using a clean loofah or exfoliating mitt, clean crispy towel or dry brushing technique. Speak to your therapist if you are unsure about these skin scuffing routines.
Also moisturise the area sympathetically to the needs of your skin. This will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally. You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take 2 – 3 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
Hair needs to be at least 3 – 5 mm (1⁄2 cm or a grain of rice) long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments.
To maintain your new smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks, but everyone is different so make sure you agree with your therapist the best frequency for you.
If you have any questions not answered here – please call to discuss with your therapist.